Friday, September 19, 2014

Meal planning

Cooking in any sort of meaningful way has been on the backburner this past year, as evidenced by my infrequent posting. We still eat, but I marinate some chicken in some balsamic vinegar, garlic, olive oil, roast some vegetables and potatoes and call it dinner. Or some variation of that - steak, fish, rice, salad, etc. It is not exciting.

The challenge is to cook a menu that Dan considers paleo, that is not vegetarian (another Dan request), that I can easily add a starch to because I am just not into carb-free, and that can be easily broken down into kid friendly (like not serving with the sauce). This is not easy. 

So this week, I menu planned on Saturday, and went to Whole Foods (by myself!) and we have been eating much better this week and I really don't think it is taking THAT much more time day to day, just more planning on the front end. 

This was the menu this week:
Thai beef with basil (fine, but wouldn't do again)

And sides/lunches:

Dan ended up having to travel and I don't cook when he is gone, so some of these meals are on hold but so much better than boring chicken!!

My next projects include:
1) Claire's birthday party where I will feature Chocolate mayonnaise cake
2) Family visit - nice dinners 
3) Trying this meal planning website! Plan To Eat It looks like it might be the answer to all my meal planning woes. 


1 comments:

'HoulaMom said...

Thanks for the recipes! I always try at least one thing that you have listed when you do these. So far, so good. I can't wait to have the chicken sausage lettuce wraps, sounds delish.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio